In the case of Windows XP what you do not know will most definitely hurt you and put your company’s data at serious risk. By not upgrading from Windows XP to at least Windows 7 you are giving hackers the keys to your network and data. Here are the Top 5 reasons to upgraded:
- Microsoft no long supports XP or Server 2003. Which means if there is a security hole it with remain as long as you are running XP or 2003. The hackers know all the security vulnerabilities and how to exploit them to get to your data.
- Internet Explorer can only support version 8. Once again it is a huge security vulnerability plus more and more website do not work with version 8.
- Windows 7 and above is far more productive. Windows XP does not use multi core processors effectively. It was designed for use on a single core processor. In simple terms XP does not use the full power of your computer especially in the area of multi-tasking.
- Using new technology. Does not work with newer devices and software and the problem is only going to get worse.
- Windows XP is more than 10 years old. It is just time to move on and learn the newer systems. Your company has got more than it’s moneys worth out of Windows XP. It is no longer worth the security vulnerabilities or the constant struggle to make things work or creating workarounds to keep XP alive.